Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 15 Minutes.
Cook Time: 45 Minutes.
One of my favorite meals when I visit my mother or grandmother is their homemade chicken pot pie. It has all the best veggies, the tastiest gravy, and of course; moist juicy chicken which tops the whole thing off. Today, you'll learn the recipe I love so much. Let's get started!
- One pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed into one inch pieces.
- One cup of peeled, sliced carrots.
- One cup of frozen green peas.
- Half a cup of sliced celery.
- One-third a cup of melted, unsalted butter.
- One-third a cup of chopped white or Spanish onion.
- One-third a cup of all purpose flour.
- Half a teaspoon of kosher sea salt.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- A quarter teaspoon of celery seed.
- Two cups of chicken broth.
- Two-thirds a cup of milk.
- Two nine-inch unbaked pie crusts.